Hello,

I'm developing a plugin in maven 2.0.4. My plugin has a property annotated
like this:

/**
 * @parameter default-value="${artifactId}.exe"
 */
private File outfile;

When I use the plugin, outfile is set to "/home/pjungwir/src/encc/null.exe."

But suppose I use this javadoc instead:

/**
 * @parameter default-value="${project.artifactId}.exe"
 */
private File outfile;

Now outfile is set correctly, to "/home/pjungwir/src/encc/encc.exe."

I thought this was strange, because when I use the antrun plugin, both of
these produce the correct result:

<execution>
  <id>blah</id>
  <phase>generate-sources</phase>
  <configuration>
    <tasks>
      <echo message="${artifactId}"/>
      <echo message="${project.artifactId}"/>
    </tasks>
  </configuration>
</execution>

When I run this, I see:

[INFO] Executing tasks
    [echo] encc
    [echo] encc

So why does ${artifactId} work in the pom, but not in the plugin javadoc? Do
maven variables have different names depending on context?

Thanks,
Paul