Yann,

This is to be expected. When running maven in your B project, maven has no
knowledge of project A as a module to be built and referenced, only as a
dependency that needs to be retrieved from a repository and added to the
classpath.

In addition, finalName only effects the name of the artifact generated in
the target directory. If you install/deploy the same artifact it will
(should) have the standard naming of ${artifactId}-${version}. This is A
Good Thing, as it prevents ambiguity in the repository.

HTH,
Doug