Perfect! That worked like a charm. Thanks again Wendy.

Naresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:32 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: How to unpack a zip file into a source directory

On 10/14/06, Naresh Bhatia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wendy,
>
> Quick question. It seems that the dependency-maven-plugin does not
> recognize the .zip extension. I had to change the extension to .jar to
> make the plugin work. Is my understanding correct?

You can use the <type> element to tell the dependency plugin what to
look for.

Take a look at this old revision of one of my wiki pages, when I was
still installing the Selenium distribution .zip file in my local
repository:

http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=browse&id=Maven/Selenium&r
evision=5

<artifactItem>