On 13 Oct 2006, at 16:39, pjungwir wrote:

ir. ing. Jan Dockx wrote:

<http://cvs.peopleware.be/training/maven/maven2/ buildLifecyclePhases.html>

hope this helps.

Thanks. That is the best table I've seen so far. I eventually figured this
out by looking here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/tags/maven-2.0.4/ maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml

One thing I still don't understand: most of the lists out there don't
mention the initialize phase. The list you posted has it, but in brackets
with no description. Why is that?

Because, as far as I understand, it is there only for internal reasons, and not for plugins to be used.
Maven developers might confirm or deny this …

Paul