There is no "problem", this is the normal behavior for Maven Jars, you
simply were expecting more than you got. Jar packaging projects do not
bundle other jars into the resulting output Jar.

You will need to use the maven-assembly-plugin to create the Jar you
desire, or perhaps package your EJB into an EAR (which does package
the dependencies).

Wayne