SingleShot wrote:
I am building an executable JAR that depends on a handful of other JARs and a
few config files being on the classpath. I want the config files to be
editable by the end user, so did not add them as internal JAR resources.
I've configured the maven-jar-plugin to generate a manifest and add the
dependencies to its classpath (and create a mainclass entry), but cannot
figure out how to configure it to add my config directory (containing the
config files) to the classpath.

Is it possible to add a directory to the classpath of a Maven-generated
Manifest?

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. This is not a maven but a (sun?) Java problem:

Executable jars use a classloader that can only load resources/classes from other jars and not from the file system. I found this documented somewhere under java.sun.com.

So I had to stop using executable jars :-(

best regards
Bernd