although it may seem like it but ${pom.organization.name} only translates to a path to your project's pom.xml content which is <project><organization><name>.

hope that helped,

^_^

kelvin goodson wrote:
I'm trying to fix my manifest to contain an Application-Vendor-Id. I'm using
the maven-osgi-plugin to create the manifest (this is stuff I have
inherited,  so don't assume I have expertise here)

I can see in my pom the following

           <plugin>
               <groupId>org.apache.felix.plugins</groupId>
               <artifactId>maven-osgi-plugin</artifactId>
               <extensions>true</extensions>
               <configuration>
                   <osgiManifest>
                       <!-- content ........... -->
                       <bundleVendor>${pom.organization.name
}</bundleVendor>
                        <!-- content ........... -->
                   </osgiManifest>
               </configuration>
           </plugin>

and running this pom through mvn help:effective-pom translates this to

     <plugin>
       <groupId>org.apache.felix.plugins</groupId>
       <artifactId>maven-osgi-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>0.8.0-20061102.022735-9</version>
       <extensions>true</extensions>
       <configuration>
         <osgiManifest>
           <!-- content ........... -->
           <bundleVendor>Apache Software Foundation</bundleVendor>
           <!-- content ........... -->
         </osgiManifest>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>

There are two things I'd like to know ...
1)  I can't see a field in the documentation (
http://cwiki.apache.org/FELIX/osgi-plugin-for-maven-2.html) for the osgi
plugin to contain the application vendor id (I tried bundleVendorId).  Is
there a way to set this manifest property via the plugin?

2) I've done extensive recursive greps on my file system to find where the value of ${pom.organization.name} is set, as I'd like to be able to handle the app vendor id value in a similar way to the app vendor, but I can't for
the life of me find it.  Can someone enlighten me regarding this piece of
maven magic please?

Regards, Kelvin.