I have a client with many different maven projects.  I am trying to figure
out a way to manage the versions of common libraries across these projects
without duplicating the version number in each project.  For example,
commons-lang-1.1.jar is used in 50 projects.  I know that I can use a parent
pom file to do this, but I don't want all of my projects to include
everything in the parent pom.  Is there a way to import or include a
dependency in your pom... So for example, define a file with common-lang
dependency and include that in all pom files that need to reference it?

Thanks,

jp4