Nathan Coast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to maven 2 and am having some trouble with module
> dependencies.
>
> I have a war project that builds fine when I build it in
> isolation. However, when it is built from the parent project (via the
> modules mechanism) all of the dependencies from all of the modules end
> up in the WEB-INF/lib directory.  This includes plugin dependencies
> which are only needed at build-time.

Hello,
I am deducing (maybe wrongly) from your post that your module do not
use parent pom which defines dependencies that are then included in
the war file.

There is a notion of scope for dependencies that handles just this
problem.

> Fairly obviously I have done something wrong, I just can't see
> what. Feel free to rtfm me if I've missed the relevant docs :)

Maybe readin Better Build With Maven would help :-) Look at
maven.apache.org/guides for more info.

regards
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.