On 11/7/06, Christian Goetze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've read the better builds with maven book, I've looked at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin, but I'm still not
sure I understand how this is supposed to work.

I just want end up with a zip file containing all of the jars needed to
run the particular project I'm building.

Alternatively, I'd already be happy with a way to just get the
transitive runtime dependency list out of the build.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
--
cg

It doesn't reallly qualify as "simple", but here[1] is the assembly
configuration we use for Shale to build release artifacts.  It includes the
created libraries, all the dependent libraries, javadocs, and source code
for a bunch of different submodules (this descriptor is from a "shale-dist"
module that is one level below the top level project directory, hence all of
the ".." relative paths.

The part that picks up all of the dependent libraries (i.e. those with scope
"runtime"), and puts them in the "lib" directory of the output:

   <dependencySets>
       <dependencySet>
           <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
           <scope>runtime</scope>