Hi all,

The Surefire plugin documentation
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/system-properties.html)
mentions:

[snip]
Take note that String valued properties can only be passed as system
properties. Any attempt to pass any other maven variable type (i.e. List or
a URL variable) will cause the variable expression to be passed literally
(unevaluated).
[/snip]

In my test, I need to get the value of the maven variable
${project.build.outputDirectory} as a String (I need to generate some file
at the end of the test, and I need to create this file in
${project.build.outputDirectory). How do I force the evaluation of the
variable first, and then pass it to the test a system property?

This was discussed in the thread
http://www.nabble.com/Passing-maven-variables-as-system-properties-tf1256766s177.html#a3332659,
but not properly answered.

Thanks,