...some more info...
The reason why I want to move the file 'fenix-servlet.xml' (a Spring bean
definition file) from src/main/resources to WEB-INF:
When running tests Spring cannot seem to find the 'fenix-servlet.xml' file
when it resides in the WEB-INF folder
(${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/WEB-INF does not seem
to be on the classpath?), but the tests work fine when the file reside in
the resources folder. Tomcat on the other hand does not find the file when
the file reside in the classes folder when running the web app, but wants it
in the WEB-INF folder...