You might have a better response to this question on the Cargo users
mailing list...

Wayne

On 11/9/06, Deluigi Marcus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have Maven that has a dependency to Tomcat, i.e. retrieves Tomcat
if
> > it is not already installed.
> > Unfortunately, I _must_ have some specific settings in the Tomcat
> > configuration file (which is in XML).
> >
> > Is there any plugin that can check the files settings and alter it
if
> > necessary?
>
> You could keep the config file in your project, and filter the correct
> values in at build time.  (In other words, don't "check" them, just
> put in the right values.)

The config file should be placed into the downloaded and extracted
directory, so I think filtering is not possible.

> Also take a look at Cargo, which may either do what you need, or have
> some code you can use.

Cargo seems to have the desired functionality, but I couldn't figure out
how to use it. The documentation is very limited.
Could someone provide an example?

Thanks!

Marcus