Hi Dawn (and all).

We have 20-30 projects that share one, single parent POM.
Each project has usually 7 modules in it.

To clarify:
 ParentPom (1)
     \-- ProjectPom (1..30)
              \-- ModulePom (1..7, each)

I did specify <inherited>false</inherited> in pluginManagement in the Parent
POM, but it did not seem to work.

Only hardcoding inherited in each project POM seemed to have any effect
whatsoever.

That doesn't answer the second part of my question, though -- why can't I
configure the plugin the way the plugin API seems to be designed to intend?

Barrett

Barrett Nuzum
Consultant, Skill Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]