Unsupported major.minor version indicates you're trying to run a
newer-compiled Java class in an older JRE. In this case, seems like
you've compiled classes with JRE 5 and are attempting to execute them
(testing w/Surefire?) with JRE 3 or 4.

Check your PATH... I'd guess you've got a JRE 3 or 4 in your PATH somewhere and
its being used instead of JRE 5.

Wayne