This is not good for me, because I am trying to build the project
on an isolated machine. It cant get access to the Internet.
BTW: Did Jason give a reason and say why not?

> > I think that I set up a repository for as an `internal' one.
> > What is wrong with this ``~/.m2/setting.xml'' file?
> >

> > <url>file:/home/pilgripe/internal/maven-repository</url>
>
> My file protocol urls have file:// then /path/to/whatever.
> So file:///home/... (with three /'s.)
>
> > from the specified remote repositories:
> >   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
> >   blah (file:/home/pilgripe/internal/maven-repository)
> >
> > Clearly the priority order of the repositories is
> incorrect, but how
> > do you reorder them?
>
> I don't think it's an option yet, nor is convincing Maven
> that certain groupIds are only ever going to be found in
> certain repositories.
>
> If you _never_ want Maven to contact the central repository,
> I think you'll need to configure something as a <mirrorOf>
> central and then take responsibility for making sure that
> repo has everything you need.
>  I know you were playing with Archiva... that's the path I'd take.

Yes would be good if it worked.

I have been trying to configure it on my developer machine. I am
having a bitch of time trying to get Archiva working on the
Apache/Tomcat server we have here.

The archiva war is failing to start up and I don't know why yet.
Nothing in the tomcat logs. I thought it was a reject servlet 2.2 lib
then I removed it.

Does Archiva convert the local repository into a remote repository.

> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

Thanks I will take a look

--
Peter Pilgrim