Wendy Smoak wrote:
I had problems today finding some documentation on the war plugin.
Pretty standard stuff but I couldn't even find the plugins documentation
start page in the left-hand menu, rather I found it on the home page
(where I happened NOT to be to start with) in the text. I think this is
a symptom of the extensive nature of the maven docs, but still it's
pretty fundamental.

The left hand menu says "Get Maven Plugins -> By Category".  I've seen
at least one other comment about it, and this week I had a new person
at work also not find it when told, "Click on the 'get plugins' link
on the menu."  I think we're scanning the leftmost text, and not ever
finding the word "plugin".

Unless someone has another suggestion, I'm going to try "Plugins by Category".

I am not sure why you use "Get Maven Plugins". That smells like 'Download'. The link points to documentation, so surely it should be under the documentation section (instead of being on its own). If it was, it would be simple to call it plain ol' "Plugins".

However the 'About' menu is also more or less all documentation too.

Maybe you should ditch 'Documentation' and have a more specific 'Reference' section, and move other less reference-y type links to other sections.

Otherwise it is very good!