I was simply suggesting along these lines:

<project>
 <build>
   <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <dependencies>
         <dependency>
         </dependency>
       </dependencies>
     </plugin>
   </plugins>
 </build>
</project>

This allows you to attach an artifact directly to a plugin used during
the build process, rather than attaching the artifact to the project
itself.

I don't know anything about dynamically adding dependencies via a
plugin etc, personally.

Wayne

On 11/22/06, Markus Wolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You can always add dependencies directly to the plugin node, but this
>> assumes that you have the artifacts available in your repo.
>>
> thats no opinion, because there are no artifacts available (but I could
> possibly create some...)

I've seen that the maven-eclipse-plugin in the snapshot could add PDE
parts to the created eclipse project and also could create artifacts
from all plugins in an eclipse directory.
So your idea is possibly an option. How do one dynamically add a
dependency to the plugin node? Are there any code examples available? Or
is there a maven plugin doing this already where I could look at the source?

Thanks
Markus
--

     Markus Wolf