i have seen the guide, but it did not really convice me. so this guide
tells me that i need at least two eclipse instances.
one that only servers as a cvs client, and one which is used as java ide.

You can't use an other cvs client for the root pom ?

i can't see the disadvantage of having a .project and a .classpath
created in the parent, with properly set src and output folders.
correct me if i am wrong, but the only disadvantage would be the fact,
that it might be complicated to collect all the
data and create the correct paths, or do i miss something ? once the src
and output folders are set correctly everything
is supposed to work fine, no need for two eclipse instances and
inconvenient importing actions.

The first response I can give is that the classpath is not the same
for your three modules.

--
Thomas Recloux a.k.a Karmelitre
http://karmelitre.tartachuc.org