Let be clear here... its releasing all of them NOT because it is a parent of
the other two, but because they are MODULES of the "parent" (acutally
multi-module). When a project is contains module projects, you are
effectively asking Maven to propogate any actions on the multi-module pom to
each of its modules. The simplest way to get the bahavior you want is to
create two projects: a multi-module, containing B and C as modules, and a
parent from which they may inherit.

Eric