Hi Eric,

I'm writing an RPM mojo for the JPackage project.

The JPackagers would put the artifactId, groupId, and
version of the project they want to package in a
configuration file.

This lets the mojo know what project they want to
package.

So the mojo reads those parameters from the
configuration file and loads the corresponding POM
in the repository.

Tom (Authored the Cookbook section) pointed me to the
Mojo Cookbook on the wiki where I found this:

artifact =
factory.createArtifactWithClassifier(groupId,
artifactId, version, type, classifier);

That seems like an elegant way to create the
java.io.File that represents the POM.

(He said just put "pom" for the type...but what about
classifier?)

Once I have the file I can just get the path, and pass
that to my resource loader.

I'm guessing the classifier is the DocumentRoot for
the POM...but
the DefaultArtifactFactory in subversion has 0 api
documentation...so I'd probably have to date the class
for a while before I get any love.

wdyt?

Thanks,
- Ole