On 11/25/06, ben short <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just found that page, but when I tried it as described it didnt
work. I have found that if I add the following to my settings.xml then
archiva proxys central.

What did you try that didn't work?  We need to fix the docs if they're wrong.

<mirror>
      <id>myProximity</id>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
      <name>Proximity mirrored central repos.</name>
      <url>http://192.168.100.32:8080/archiva/proxy</url>
    </mirror>

There's some question about whether it's /proxy or /proxy/<repo-id>.
I'm almost sure that just /proxy worked for me initially (and for maxb
on IRC), but recent experiments say that only /proxy/<repo-id> works.

I'd prefer that the repo-id is required, personally.  Otherwise it
would seem to aggregate all proxied repositories, so why bother
setting up certain remote repos to be proxied through certain managed
repos?

(We have separate lists for Archiva:
http://maven.apache.org/archiva/mail-lists.html )

--