There is no "shortcut" per se. You need to find each such situation
and explicitly exclude the old/invalid artifact and explicitly add the
proper/new artifact to your dependency list.

Alternatively since it sounds like you are already changing poms in
your repo (not generally a good idea imo), you could just change the
dependency directly in the associated project pom files. Then when you
simply refer to acegi, it will pull in the newer ehcache directly.

Wayne