I tried the suggestion below for invoking Maven and it worked.  I also
defined
the maven.repo.local property in the ant script for our mixed build,
hoping antlib
would pick up on it and use the same local repository for the Maven ant
tasks.  No such luck.

It seems there is no way to pass the location of the local repository to
antlib except through
~/.m2/settings.xml or ~/.m2/ant/settings.xml.  Thus there is no way to
have multiple repositories per user simultaneously.  I will file a JIRA
request for an enhancement.

Meantime, our mixed builds are not scalable at all.  We can do only one
build per user per machine at a time.  I hope the enhancement will come
through fairly quickly.

Thanks,
--Marilyn Sander