From: Mohni, Daniel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 9:15 AM
To: archiva-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: Antwort: RE: Proxy settings

Hello again

all I can say about this is that a lot of the current maven2 plugins
are still in development and not in release state. this is
also why they have this snapshot repositories in their pom...

but they are going to be stable quite soon, hopefully...

using snapshot dependency that you can not control is a mess, in
a customer project.

If you realy need a snapshot version for your project, then the
workaround is to build the plugin from source with your custom
artifactId and deploy it to your repository. it's not very nice
but in this case you have control over the used version in your project
until the plugin is stable.

A released plugin should not have a repository entry in his pom.xml !!!
that's my opinion, but maybe it's wrong...

Maybe someone else can help you out

sorry

Daniel