Wendy Smoak wrote:

On 12/4/06, Christian Goetze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where are the files located, and what type of files are they?

They are "." files generated by the build system into which I'm
embedding maven. They contain additional metadata about the files and I
do not have the option of moving them around. They will appear wherever
source files exist, and they seem to end up in the jars generated by the
packaging.

If they are under src/main/java, it's odd that they're getting
included.  IME only .java files from there get compiled, everything
else is ignored.  (For example, if you have .properties files stored
with your source code, you have to add a <resource> to pick them up.)

You're right - the file ended up included via a filtered resource, and my exclude didn't immediately do the job because I didn't say "mvn clean"... ... which leads me to another gripe about maven, namely that incremental builds are not very robust ... but I know quite well that this is a very hard problem (hence the metadata files of the embedding build system etc... )
--
cg