seeing the logs, you we're able to login correctly but your username isn't allowed to edit configuration so you're prompted to login as admin.

what version of archiva are you using ?

Michael Horwitz wrote:
Hi,

I have managed to get Archiva up and running as per the "Getting
Started" instructions. All works as it should until after I register the
details of the admin user. I am then presented with the login page. All
attempts to login simply redirect me back to the login page without raising
an error. The following lines appear in the log:

37672 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.rbac.RBACManager:cached  - using cached user
permission map
37688 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.rbac.RBACManager:cached  - using cached user
permission map
37703 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.rbac.RBACManager:cached  - using cached user
permission map
43453 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies  - Remember Me
Cookie Not Found: securityRememberMe
43453 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies - Single Sign On
Cookie Not Found: securitySingleSignOn
43453 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies  - Remember Me
Cookie Not Found: securityRememberMe
43453 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies - Single Sign On
Cookie Not Found: securitySingleSignOn
43453 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.Interceptor:configurationInterceptor -
No repositories were configured - forwarding to repository configuration
page
43469 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies  - Remember Me
Cookie Not Found: securityRememberMe
43469 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies - Single Sign On
Cookie Not Found: securitySingleSignOn
43469 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies  - Remember Me
Cookie Not Found: securityRememberMe
43469 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies - Single Sign On
Cookie Not Found: securitySingleSignOn
43641 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies  - Remember Me
Cookie Not Found: securityRememberMe
43641 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.ui.web.util.AutoLoginCookies - Single Sign On
Cookie Not Found: securitySingleSignOn
43641 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.Interceptor:configurationInterceptor -
No repositories were configured - forwarding to repository configuration
page
43688 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.rbac.RBACManager:cached  - using cached user
permission map
43688 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.rbac.RBACManager:cached  - using cached user
permission map
43703 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.codehaus.plexus.security.rbac.RBACManager:cached  - using cached user
permission map

There are no other obvious errors in the log files. I have tried blowing
away the Derby database and starting again, but to no effect. I have
installed archiva in the following environment:

Tomcat 5.5.20 running under Sun JSK 1.5.0_10 on Windows XP.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks

Mike Horwitz