I think you donĀ“t need any ejb specific goal, just package your
project on a jar, war or ear, depending on your need and deploy it via
Cargo plugin.

On 12/26/06, Vitor Pellegrino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

Here at my company we're starting a new project using EJB3 with a JBOSS as
our a application server. My task was to develop a concept proof using maven
instead of ant for doing all the build process. I've added all jboss
libraries to our local repository and right now i'm struggling to get this
project deployed same as we do using ant.

I was looking for some direction about how to use maven-ejb-plugin with that
project but i could not find. After looking at this list's archive i found
some threads where an ejb3 project was divided in a multi-project which is
not what i want to do for now.

So i ask your help with some questions.

1 - How can i deploy my project using maven to my Jboss AS instance?

2 - I used to develop non-ejb projects using maven-jetty-plugin. There is
some sort of plugin where can i find this kind of "hot-deployable" ejb3
application server?

When i try to do a "mvn ejb:ejb" it is lacking for a ejb-jar.xml file and at
the plugin's usage page it's says that it's not mandatory anymore.

FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error assembling EJB
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
    at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java
:441)
    at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java
:382)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.Maven2Executor.main(Maven2Executor.java:68)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error assembling
EJB
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.ejb.EjbMojo.execute(EjbMojo.java:180)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
    ... 8 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException:
D:\vitor\workspace\futpedia_test\target\classes\META-INF\ejb-jar.xml isn't a
file.
    at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
AbstractArchiver.java:174)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.AbstractArchiver.addFile(
AbstractArchiver.java:166)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.ejb.EjbMojo.execute(EjbMojo.java:148)

There goes my pom.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>br.com.vip.ejbproject</groupId>
  <artifactId>ejbproject_test</artifactId>
  <packaging>war</packaging>
  <name>ejbproject_test Maven Webapp</name>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <build>
    <finalName>ejbproject_test</finalName>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.5</source>
          <target>1.5</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>6.0.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <scanIntervalSeconds>10</scanIntervalSeconds>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
  <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <ejbVersion>3.0</ejbVersion>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

</project>

It seems i am losing some point because i don't know where else more should
i look for these answers.

Thanks for any help!

PS: Sorry about my english, it's not my first tongue. I hope i could made
myself understood.

--
Vitor Pellegrino