I've done a fair bit of research and it seems there's two ways to do
native2ascii processing with Maven 2:

1. Use the Ant tasks (quite verbose).
2. Write a plugin.

AFAICT, the only plugin that exists is at:

http://www.jakubpawlowicz.com/blog/2006/03/19/maven_native2ascii_plugin/

It looks like other folks are writing their own solution to this problem:

http://www.nabble.com/Inheritance-tf2714737s177.html#a7569097

Are there any native2ascii plugins in a public repo that I can re-use?

With AppFuse 1.9.x, we used Ant and <native2ascii>, which worked great.
However, with 2.0, we're moving to Maven 2.0 and finding that native2ascii
doesn't exist.

What's the community's suggestion on this?  Should we push to get a publicly
available (open-source) native2ascii plugin?  Or should we just use the Ant
tasks and put a bunch of XML in our poms? As Maven users and experts, which
method do you prefer?

Thanks,

Matt