Hi Los,

maven-release-plugin is your friend :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/

Tag version and POM version must indeed match.

- Yann

2007/1/11, moraleslos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm about to tag my code in my repository to the maven-recommended
x.x.x-yyyyy-z format-- probably at 1.0.0-alpha-1.  I was wondering how
this
correlates to the version used in my POMs-- currently at 1.0-SNAPSHOT.
Shouldn't they match, or are they suppose to be different?  I'm new to the
tagging/branching of code for release so if anyone has any suggestions, I
would appreciate it.  I just would like to know how maven2 can help
facilitate in code releases since it has some project management
functionality built in.  Thanks in advance.

-los