Hello!
I just migrated quite big web-based java project to use maven2 (2.0.4) and
meet quite strange problem.
I suppose it is not a problems of maven itself - seems it is problems of
Eclipse - but anyway - maybe somebody ehre knows the solution.

So, I created maven pom.file, defined packaging for project as was and added
plugin for generation of Eclipse + WTP project files.

Everything almost ok, I can work with project in Eclipse as well as build
project from maven - but I meet one strange problem.

JSP Validator stops recognize all extra tags (JSF MyFaces, Tomahawk and so
on) used in project.

I suppose it is because in normal web-project all used libraries are placed
under WEB-INF/lib and JSP Validator look jars in this folder to find
tag-libs (taglibs for MyFaces placed in MyFaces jar file in META-INF
folder). Maven in it's case do not place libraries into projects WEb-INF/lib
(of course) but added requried libraries as other normal libraries into
project... (libraries itself placed under M2_REPO variable).

Of course, I can extract this tag-libs, placed them into WEB-INF and add
them into web.xml - but it will be nice to make eclipse validator working
with maven-based project from scratch.

--
With Best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin, EmDev Limited