Oh, now I see the difference, being between the mgmt of source files and of
compiled modules.

So if you are making minor revisions of your source repository all the time,
does that mean your module repository is going to get enormous (because
everytime you make a tiny change in your source, that classifies as a new
module altogether, and the entire project gets put in its packaged form into
the Maven repo?)

What's the best practice regarding what people generally do? Do they only
put their source code into the Maven repo as a module when its a release,
rather than just another change as part of the development process?

It's slowly coming together now, thanks...