Yeah, this approach is a workaround at best. I searched for a way to configure the normal install and deploy goals a while back but had no luck :(

Cheers,
Jon

Tommy Knowlton wrote:
On 2/28/07, Jonathan Anstey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tommy,

If you are just worried about the installed/deployed name, use the
classifier option of the install-file and deploy-file goals (see
install/deploy plugins).

so, you're saying, run the package goal to produce an artifact and
then "manually" install-file and deploy-file to put the artifacts
(with classifiers manually crafted) in the repo.

I suppose this would be a workaround, I was wondering whether there's
a way to configure the normal install and deploy goals to do it. In
particular, the above approach is going to be difficult to use for
snapshot deploys - unless deploy-file munges the artifact name to add
timestamp when the version has '-SNAPSHOT'. Even if that works, it
still breaks e.g., Continuum.

Cheers,
Jon