Hi,

briefly: you have to "spoof" the artifact with Proximity instead of
forcing Maven2 to NOT download the specified artfiact. I think it is
impossible to "point out" one artifact to not get downloaded (thus
offline mode will not help).

Just take proximity as is, it is prepared for these kind of stuff:
install the needed cglib into extFree or extNonFree. It will "spoof"
the central repo, thus the actual CGLIB.

The current version is RC8.

http://proximity.abstracthorizon.org/

Hope helps,
~t~