Do not do that. It's telling Maven that the source is a resource and to
treat is as such. For example, if you chose to filter your resources, this
will also filter all of your Java code - not really desirable. Stick to the
Assembly plugin:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/descriptor-refs.html#src

Eric