I'm trying to create an assembly for a multi-module project that includes the dependencies of the modules.
My assembly descriptor looks something like this:

<assembly>
 <id>standalone</id>
 <formats>
   <format>zip</format>
 </formats>
 <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
 <moduleSets>
   <moduleSet>
     <includes>
       <include>group:moduleA</include>
       <include>group:moduleB</include>
     </includes>
     <binaries>
       <outputDirectory>modules/${artifactId}</outputDirectory>
       <unpack>false</unpack>
       <dependencySets>
         <dependencySet>
           <unpack>false</unpack>
           <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
         </dependencySet>
       </dependencySets>
     </binaries>
   </moduleSet>
 </moduleSets>
</assembly>

I get an error that says the dependencySets tag is not recognized. I'm using version 2.1 of the assembly plugin. Is dependencySets only supported in 2.2-SNAPSHOT? Or am I doing something else wrong.

Thanks!