Okay, so I made some changes to the plugin and the maven-scm modules so
everything runs fine again.
Who or where should I send the patch so that some of these fixes can be merged
into the necessary modules for a next release?

Thanks,

Roland

On Friday 30 March 2007 15:39, Roland Asmann wrote:
> I was already at home when I posted this, but here's an actual copy of the
> generated table:
>
> Timestamp                     Author  Details
> 2007-03-27 18:20:24   author: pom.xml v 1.19
>
>                                                       Updated
> changelog-plugin so that it will work on modules as well:
> using variable on the tag is NOT a good idea...
>
> Whereas it generated me this during my release last tuesday:
>
> Timestamp                     Author  Details
> 2007-03-27 18:06:58   asr             pom.xml v 1.59
>
>                                                       [maven-release-plugin]
> prepare for next development iteration
>
> Apart from the fact that they are not changelogs from the same project (you
> can judge that by looking at the versions), they should look similar.
>
> I already found that something is 'wrong' in the
> maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons module:
> org.apache.maven.scm.provider.cvslib.command.changelog.CvsChangeLogConsumer
>#processGetDate(String) parses the line wrong. Or the line that is received
> has changed, seeing how the module hasn't been newly released...

> > > Can you please provide more details about your problem. I'm not quite
> > > following what you mean.
> >
> > The generated page normally looks something like:
> >
> > Date            Author      Description
> > 2007-03-29      asr         BugFix (#2312) -- NullPointer handled
> >
> > However, if I generate at the moment, the line looks like this:
> >
> > Date            Author       Description
> > 2007-03-29      author:      BugFix (#2312) -- NullPointer handled

> > > Ibiblio is no longer the default repository for Maven 2. The default on
> > > is http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 and that is where the official Maven
> > > plugins are deployed. repo1 is then synced to its mirrors, among others
> > > ibiblio. So there is a slight delay between when a plugin is available
> > > on repo1 versus on ibiblio. This particular plugin was release on
> > > 27-Feb-2007 15:58.
> >
> > Sorry, my mistake. I meant repo1, I accidentally typed ibiblio... And I
> > checked them again, I think I misread the timestamp before...
> >
> > > --
> > > Dennis Lundberg

Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27