Check out build profiles. You can check for the existance of some tell-tale
eclipse installation, such as the eclipse executable file.

http://maven.apache.org/pom.html

Eric

On 4/2/07, Steffen Mazanek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I have something like the following project layout:

-project
-- library
-- program
-- examples
     -- examples-that-compile-only-if-eclipse-is-installed
     -- examples-that-do-not-need-eclipse

Concretely I use eclipse in headless mode to generate
some sources via maven-emfgen-plugin.

How can I tell maven to skip the examples depending on eclipse
if eclipse is not installed. Can I do this via profiles?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Steffen Mazanek