On 4/14/07, Mark Donszelmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

On Apr 13, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Christian Goetze wrote:

> On 4/13/07, Mark Donszelmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>
>> you may have a look at
>> http://java.freehep.org/freehep-nar-plugin
>> it does quite a bit of what you suggest, though it is not perfect.
>
> That is pretty neat - but the devil is in the details :)

agreed. Our organization standardizes on a few combinations of
architectures
and OSs, but even then...

> For example,
> you'd want various variants of the same artifact (debug, optimized,
> profiled, quantified, instrumented in other ways) ... Not sure "AOL"
> cuts it.

yes. Do you (or others) have any suggestions on how one could attack
this problem?

This is traditionally hat "classifiers" are for. Is AOL a classifier of NAR
artifacts? If not, then there you go.

Eric

Regards
Mark Donszelmann