I've looked it up in the docs:
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Properties

It might actually be "project.packaging".
Jeroen

On 19/04/07, Jeroen Leenarts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You might be on to something there....

The page:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html
mentiones this piece of code. Activiation based on a property.

This will activate the profile when the system property "debug" is
specified with any value:

<profiles>
  <profile>
    <activation>
      <property>

        <name>debug</name>
      </property>
    </activation>
  </profile>
</profiles>

Wouldn't a property named "packaging" with the relevant value work?
Packaging is the tag defining a projects, ehr, packaging. Which is exactly
the granularity you want to configure at.

Well worth to try.

Jeroen