On Wed, June 6, 2007 8:50 am, Arne Styve wrote:

> Thanks for your input. I'll give this a try. However, how do you then use
> the JAR containing all the DLLs and .so's ? As far as I've understood, you
> cannot access a DLL that is inside a JAR, and hence you have to extract
> the DLLs from the JAR in order to use the DLL. Is this correct ?

In our case, we create a final assembly that either copies or unpacks the
various artifacts and places them where they need to be in the assembly.

We have Matlab produced artifacts (which aren't unpacked) and
DLLs-wrapped-in-jars (which are unpacked) that go into the assembly, which
we then give to the production guys for deployment.

A second approach which we also use in one or two places is to use the
dependency plugin to copy and or unpack jars, and place them in various
places where necessary.

Regards,
Graham