Hi Seth,

Why don't you just define the correct SCM information in your parent?

Cheers
Jo

On 6/6/07, Seth Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a way to configure the changelog plugin so it doesn't use the
values form the scm element but rather from a plugin configuration
element?  I have a problem where my parent pom defines its own scm and
changelog is using that to generate the changelog and failing because
the repo doesn't exist where its looking.

I'd rather not set my scm settings in the child pom because I'm
already setting my scm for the maven release plugin in the parent pom
and I'd like to do the same with changelog plugin.  That way all my
projects could just include my "core" parent pom and have all their
changelog and release settings ready for running.

For example, I have this in my parent pom so it's usable in all my
projects that inherit from it:
       <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
          <configuration>
            <connection>scm:svn:svn://path/to/svn/${project.name
}/trunk</connection>
            <developerConnection>scm:svn://path/to/svn/${project.name
}/trunk</developerConnection>
            <tagBase>svn://path/to/svn/${project.name}/tags</tagBase>
           </configuration>
        </plugin>

Let me know if this isn't clear.

Thanks in advance,