On 6/6/07, Raúl Arabaolaza Barquín <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can I generate a ear file with a ejb module without creating a ear
project? Can I use the ejb project´s pom to generate the ear too?

Hi Raul,

Short answer: no, you can't.

All good developers are a bit lazy, that's usually the inspiration for great
tools and software..
But you're being a bit too lazy IMHO ;-)

If you create an EJB module, the output will be an EJB jar.
If you want an EAR that includes the EJB module's artifact, you have to
define a separate module for it with packaging set to "ear", that's how it
goes..

Cheers
Jo