Jason,

>It's a bad practice, and leads to coupling between plugins which is
>bad. We've seen the aftermath of this happening in Maven 1.x.

Since I'm doing this already I'm curious how this could be done better and
accomplish my goal, I'm a relative newbie to Mojos so I'm wondering if I am
missing a better approach.

In my case, I needed a plugin that can handle a WebLogic shared library. A
shared library is a WAR or EAR that contains many different assets including
JARs and in order to be able to use these in Maven I've created a plugin that
temporarily unpacks the shared library and installs each JAR individually under
a library group name. It also creates a parent POM for the library that can be
used to drag in all the dependencies defined by the library.

In order to do this, my plugin needs to install each file individually. Rather
then rewrite the install plugin, I simply use my invoker class to invoke the
install plugin for each file I have unpacked passing in the necessary
parameters to make this work.

How could I accomplish the same goal using the approach you outlined?

Thanks,

Gerald