Hi,

I'm creating a jar using "mvn package". The files, which are included in
this jar are using another jar (e.g. log4j-1.2.14.jar), which are stored in
maven repository. My part of pom.xml file responsible for dependencies looks
like:

<dependency>
  <groupId>log4j</groupId>
  <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
  <version>1.2.14</version>
  <scope>compile</scope>
  <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

The "mvn package" process finishes correctly, but when i run the jar using:

java -cp target\my-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar com.mycompany.app.App

i receive the error:

org/apache/log4j/Logger

(on line:
private static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("com.mycompany.app.App");

In my opinion the jar, that was created using "mvn package" doesn't know
about dependencies (and about jars stored in repository?). How should I set
classpaths and make this jar work correctly? Isn't it a BASIC functionality,
that Maven2 should do, when I set <dependency> in pom.xml file?

I tried this with other jars (in repository) and other methods of the
classes included in jars and the results were exactly the same.