1.2.3.5-SNAPSHOT
I don't think we'd be needing SNAPSHOT here
All is needed from the user of the parent pom's point of view is the
1.2.3 since in terms of functionality and testability nothing's
changed..
So other poms that has dependencymanagement pointing at 1.2.3 doesn't
need to know about the fact that it's at build 4 or 5.

But if a new test case is introduced then the maintainer of the 1.2.3.4
pom should increment the bug-fix number (or whatever name is best used
here) so the new version would be 1.2.4.0

While saying that the pom itself must know at what version it is
in..1.2.3.5 or 1.2.4.0

Is my point clearer?

johan