Not that I'm aware of.

Try "mvn -X ..." then search the output to see which dependency(-ies)
are bringing in the dep. Then add the exclusion to those deps
directly.

Wayne

On 7/24/07, lightbulb432 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How do you exclude a JAR file "A" when you don't know what dependency B
transitively includes A as a dependency? I have a lot of dependencies that
Maven gets from the public and internal repositories - naturally, Maven
retrieves its dependencies too.

Rather than looking through 75 POM files to figure out which includes "A",
is there a way to say in my POM to never include "A" regardless of who
declares it as a transitive dependency?

Thanks.