Hi Kapil,

Glad you solved your problems. In the future, please do *not* email me
(or any one else) directly.

You are FAR more likely to get a positive response by emailing the
list. In all honesty, I am likely to ignore or delete emails sent
directly to me, and I know this is the normal response based on my
previous discussions with other people on this list.

Thanks!
Wayne

Sorry to bother you again. But I found  solution and thought would share with
you.
I removed the xmlns from the typedef and removed the namespace prefix of
"artifact" from the tasks (i am using them as they are defined in
org/apache/maven/artifact/ant/antlib.xml) and it works fine.

thanks
kapil

Wayne Fay wrote:

> No, you must "cd to the directory of base pom and run mvn deploy
> again". Or if you have things configured with <modules> etc, you
> should be able to run "mvn deploy" from only the parent directory, and
> it should build and deploy the parent and all modules with one
> command.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 7/24/07, kapilanand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> hi
>> I have one base pom.xml that is inherited by another pom.
>> The child pom declares the relative path of the parent pom and so maven
>> in
>> not required to pull this parent pom from the repository, when the child
>> project is built.
>> Child pom does not even define its own version and inherits it from
>> parent
>> pom, but this child is not a module of the parent, i.e. there is no
>> aggregation relation.
>>
>> What I want to achieve is that when I run "mvn deploy" for the child
>> project, it should also deploy the parent pom appropriately. Without this
>> base pom in repository other projects cannot use or depend on this child
>> project. Only option known to me now is to cd to the directory of base
>> pom
>> and run mvn deploy again.
>>
>> Is there some pom file setting or command line option to achieve this?
>>
>> thanks
>> kapil
>> --

Quoted from: