Hello,
I have setup a Parent POM / Child POM relationship and now I am having a problem accessing my local repository.

I have defined in my Parent POM, the local repository only. In my Child POM, I reference the parent POM but no repository. I assume it will use the repository setting in the Parent POM. When I run a mvn compile using the Child POM, the build tries to download the jars from *http://repo1.maven.org and NOT from my local repository, where the jars I need are.

*I tried setting up a settings.xml and defining the local repository in there but still it tries to look at the remote repository only.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Does the Parent POM need to sit in a specific location such that the Child POM can see it? Currently it is in the folder structure, 2 folders above the Child POM.

Regards,
Mark