You need to exclude the container-api jars. Take a look at the
exclusions in the maven-dependency-plugin pom, along with the enforcer
use to alert me if it creeps in via another dependency.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Mellors [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 1:47 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Container not set in plexus DefaultArchiverManager

I am trying to write an installer plugin which makes use of the
ArchiverManager to unpack artifacts.  However when it tries to
determine which Unarchiver to use, the plugin fails with a
NullPointerException because the plexus container has not been
initialised.

I have attempted to use the maven-dependency-plugin as a model, but
cannot identify what I need to do or configure to get this to happen.
Any clues would be very welcome.

Thankyou in anticipation.

David Mellors ([EMAIL PROTECTED])